Advertising Success Factors You Need to Know to be Successful
Advertising Success Factors: What creates Advertising success?
Magnetic Marketing teaches you all you need to know about advertising success.
You can also join the Free Advertising Academy where you can learn how to advertise for free in a way that works.
When advertising it is important to remember that you are advertising to people. They all have similar needs, desires, problems and dreams; just like you. Your first job is to find out exactly who your prospects are: What are their dreams? What kinds of things do they need? What are their biggest problems? Their greatest fears?
Once you know exactly who your prospect is, you can start advertising to them. Here are 10 golden rules to help you:
- It is easier to sell to the customers that you already have than to get a new customer. Therefore, 70% of your advertising dollars should be spent on re-selling to your existing customers, and only 30% on getting new customers. Direct mail should be employed to send newsletters with offers to your customers.
- Sell only to those who want what you have to sell and have the money to pay for it. The way you do this is not by lowering your prices, but by increasing it, and adding more value. For example, you sell a service and give some physical products free. Or you sell a package of complementary products. This way, your customers think they are getting a bargain and you don’t have to lower your prices.
- The best way to get new customers is to give away a sample of your product for free. So instead of paying money for advertising, you should put that money into creating free samples for prospective customers to try.
- Find the biggest reason why your customer will buy your products. This should be an emotionally compelling reason. Remember, people don’t need a drill, they need a hole. This is why it is important to find the result your product or service will produce for your customer. Sell the sizzle, not the sausage.
- The more information you give in your advertisements, the more sales will result from it. Research shows that advertisements that look like articles get 500% more read than those that obviously look like ads.
- Always monitor the response to your advertisements. In fact, always measure everything you do in your business. The results will tell you what works and what doesn’t.
- Don’t try to make your ad look beautiful. It is not about beauty, but about the content: The words that you use. Your words should be persuasive and emotionally compelling, with an attention grabbing benefit driven headline.
- Always use client testimonials as they increase credibility. Greater credibility leads to more sales.
- Make different advertisements and headlines and test them first. You can use flyers and email for this, and measure your results. Only after you are sure they work should you pull out money to pay for advertising.
- Don’t listen to the opinions of others. People may mean well, but have they achieved success? Only consider the results you are getting through your testing and monitoring.
These rules have been proven to work for others, and will work for your business as well. Take charge of your success: Learn about Direct Marketing here and take action today.